Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dream weaver

Had a classic dream the other night. For some reason, it was determined that I had to repeat the fourth grade, despite the fact that I was now an adult. I was reluctant to do so, so I showed up late the first day. The other kids in my school had already assembled outside and were on their way into the building when I reached the school. Knowing I was late, I started run-walking through the halls, but was nabbed by Sister Laverne (the principal of the boys' school), who said "John, I know you're late, but that's no reason to run in the halls.

Found my classroom and class, who were already all seated at their desks. The teacher (happened to be Owen's teacher this year) said something like, "I know you're supposed to be with us, but if you're OK with not being here, I don't think you need to be here". I gladly left, wandered through the halls, passing by a room set up for a retirement luncheon for "Sister Joseph James" (no idea who that's supposed to be, but I remember thinking in my dream that it's always been weird to me that some nuns take male names when they take their vows). I met Sister Laverne in the lobby again on my way out, and told her I was leaving. She was OK with it, but pointed to a 10 year old now standing next to me and said "Since you're leaving, can you please take Anthony home too? He lives around the corner from you". So I did.

That's about all I remember. I relayed this story to Erin when we woke up, thinking that it was one of the more classic dreams I've ever had. She replied, "I had a dream las night that I got hit in the neck with a B-2 bomber". Always has to do me one better.

No comments: